Friday, December 22, 2006

Diner Dash 13

Steve asked if I wanted to join him for dinner tonight so I added one more diner to the list. I'm not sure if this will count as an official visit as Ali was not with me, but here's the info anyway.

Edison Diner
Route 1 South
Edison
County: Middlesex

This diner was more a restaurant than a diner with no resemblance to the earliest diner cars. I ordered the seafood lasagna dinner special ($11.95). This came with soup (seafood bisque), salad (French dressing), bread, a drink (diet coke) and dessert (I passed because I was too full). Steve had onion soup ($3.50), the swiss burger deluxe ($6.75), which came with french fries and cole slaw and a diet coke ($1.75).

The food was good. As the only diner where I ordered seafood so far, this is a pretty big compliment. Seafood bisque is one of my favorite soups and this was a good version. The seafood lasagna had scallops, shrimp and crab and was cooked in an individual baking dish with a creamy white sauce and cheese. Very unique and quite good.

Matt's Rating: Atmosphere - 8, Food - 9
Steve's Rating: Atmosphere - 9, Food - 8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Omega Diner is pretty good. You and Ali should get it out. It'd right where Rt.'s 1 and 130 meet.