During my drive back from AC this morning, I got to thinking that even if I'm reinstated soon at Ridge, they probably aren't going to make me come back until after the winter break. Instead of working at UPS for the next two weeks, maybe I should do some solo travel. I've been feeling kind of adrift and restless since I returned from Japan a week ago and maybe this would help scratch the itch a bit.
I did some preliminary searching online to see if I could get anywhere good using frequent flyer miles as actual cash flow is an issue. It seems that even with trips to Australia/New Zealand and Japan, I don't have enough miles to get a flight to Europe. I could work something out domestically, but that doesn't seem nearly as exciting and in Europe, I could use public trains while in the US I'd have to rent a car if I flew somewhere random like Kansas.
I'm not sure what the plan is just yet, but I still want to mull it over. I guess I'll call UPS tomorrow morning anyway and work at least a day or two. I feel kind of guilty bailing on the job after going through the interview and orientation and I could use the money of course.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment